The Artist

I completed "The Artist" this morning. The Artist represents all artists, thus the blank face. However, as I painted it, it truly represents my favorite artist, Robin Maria Pedrero. Over 9 years ago, I was aspiring to become an artist. I needed direction and like many people, I explored social media.

One late night, I was on Twitter. I came across this adorable pear house painting. I told the artist I loved the painting. She responded and a friendship was formed. Robin gave me her Facebook information and her gallery URL. I was in awe of her beautiful visual journeys. I was so intrigued by her art and my connection with it that I now own over 33 original pieces and numerous prints.

Along with being a collector of her art, she has supported my love for art as well. She became my muse and mentor. I traveled to Artiste Wineries (Robin won an international wine artist label contest and her art was featured on a special wine label and special blended red wine.) so I could meet her in person. Her art was on exhibit at the winery for a period of time. She had invited my daughter and I to go to lunch with her and a group of other artists. That day did not disappoint.

Robin is an internationally known artist. She is a co-founder of the Twitter Art Exhibit. She has several international exhibits and has been honored with prestigious artist awards for her beautiful art. I met her when her gallery was in Florida. She is now based in Texas.

I recently took a trip to Texas and we met for lunch complete with time in her studio. She took time to tour me through a display of sculptures. She again provided me with art counsel and even showed me an art technique using resist while visiting her studio.

As you can see with just a glimpse of this blog, Robin Maria Pedrero is my favorite artist and dear friend. She has encouraged me for the past 9 years to do art. Doing art is my passion!!

The Artist depicts the ray of sunshine and happy rainbow feeling her art provides me. The pear house painting represents a slight resemblance to the piece that caught my eye on Twitter. There is a cup of coffee on the table that has a lipstick imprint on the side. Robin did a series of coffee cups and teacups. I own one of her pieces where there is a cup of tea with lemons and fruit. There are black birds bowing their heads or sleeping. It reminds me of praying birds over a meal so it hangs in my dining room. She has the prettiest wavy brown hair. The last time we met she was wearing jeans. I aspire to bring the same joy through my art as she has done for me.


Comments