Day Job vs Passion Art Project Background
I'm going to embark upon a big art installation project. As a former HR Manager who retired to become a full-time artist, I'm going to start my "Day Job vs. Passion Art Project" under my new business name CKHeart. I am seeking the world's help for my project to succeed. If you would like to be part of the project, I would like you to donate an article of clothing (no undergarments) you wore to work or part of a used uniform to be cut into strips to be incorporated into the project. I will need you to include your name, occupation and whether your career is your day job or passion. Also, if you would be willing to share this post with your friends to reach as many occupations as possible. Artist Friends are all encouraged to be part of the "passion" side of this project. Your donated article of clothing can be mailed to: Cindy Koch -- CKHeart, 1709 Gregory Way, Bremerton, WA 98337. I will share periodic progress photos as it grows. Thank you in advance for your participation.
I'm going to be using this blog to show and catalogue the progression of the art project.
I want to share my plans for this project. I plan on creating two round tapestries. One for Day Job Garments and one for Passion Career Garments. The garments will be cut into strips which will be spooled together and crocheted into a tapestry. The tapestries will be round to represent the unity of the individual each garment represents. I am hoping to attract celebrities as well as any career oriented individuals who are willing to donate their career apparel to this project. I will also be creating a variety of acrylic on canvas and acrylic on paper pieces which will represent different occupations. I also plan on creating several sculptures using different mediums that also represent elements of various occupations. I will be journaling each participant, career, and garment I receive. Once the project is complete (it may take months or years), I am hoping to spark the interest of museums or corporations who would wish to exhibit the large art installation of Day Job vs Passion Art Project.
As of today, I have started the two round tapestries. The Day Job tapestry includes garments from an HR Manager, Construction Worker/Laborer and Custodian. The Passion Career tapestry includes garments from an Artist, Line Cook, Pole Dancer and Executive Chef. (Note: The wooden spoon and boaster are markers.)
I also started working on my first acrylic on matte paper piece entitled "The Artist".
I'm going to be using this blog to show and catalogue the progression of the art project.
I want to share my plans for this project. I plan on creating two round tapestries. One for Day Job Garments and one for Passion Career Garments. The garments will be cut into strips which will be spooled together and crocheted into a tapestry. The tapestries will be round to represent the unity of the individual each garment represents. I am hoping to attract celebrities as well as any career oriented individuals who are willing to donate their career apparel to this project. I will also be creating a variety of acrylic on canvas and acrylic on paper pieces which will represent different occupations. I also plan on creating several sculptures using different mediums that also represent elements of various occupations. I will be journaling each participant, career, and garment I receive. Once the project is complete (it may take months or years), I am hoping to spark the interest of museums or corporations who would wish to exhibit the large art installation of Day Job vs Passion Art Project.
As of today, I have started the two round tapestries. The Day Job tapestry includes garments from an HR Manager, Construction Worker/Laborer and Custodian. The Passion Career tapestry includes garments from an Artist, Line Cook, Pole Dancer and Executive Chef. (Note: The wooden spoon and boaster are markers.)
I also started working on my first acrylic on matte paper piece entitled "The Artist".




Comments
Post a Comment